As we approach the best part of Summer, our team would like to release some simple and easy tips on how to maintain your garden. Maintaining and caring for your garden will not only keep it looking glorious in the Summer months, but it will actually save you time if you keep on top of the maintenance on a regular basis. But how exactly can you do this with little effort? Let’s find out…
10 Ways to Keep Your Garden Healthy
If you’re looking for advice on how to keep your garden healthy, Rufford Tree Services have the answer, in fact we have ten! Our team have been helping to maintain gardens across Lancashire for some time now and know of various tips on keeping your garden healthy during all months. Our 10 garden care tips on how to do this are:
- Remove all weeds before planting your new bed
- Water your flower beds regularly – 1 – 2 times a week
- The best time to water grass is 4 – 8am, so try to stick to this watering time
- Avoid weeds from growing by planting beds densely to minimise space for weeds
- Plant flowers and plants that have good roots – the more roots visible the better!
- Clean up any fall or dead leaves
- Take care of your soil, grass and flower beds – it’ll pay off!
- Inspect plants for any garden pests like Aphids or Beetles
- Use fully composted yard waste
- Apply the correct fertiliser
In order to keep your lawn fresh and damage free during the Summer months, avoid cutting it on hot days. Temperatures around and above 26°C encourage the lawn to grow, but it doesn’t need cutting right away. Wait until the grass is standing at about give centimeters as this will protect the grass and the surface underneath from being damage by the sun. Not only that, this will avoid the soil from drying out, and therefore the grass from maintaining a fresh, crisp shade of green.
Get in Touch with Rufford Tree Services
For help maintaining your garden or outside space, choose none other than Rufford Tree Services in Lancashire. Our team have years of experience and are here to help cater to all of your needs. Call our team today to discuss in further detail on how we can help.